ESNA – EpilepSy Nurses Association is a professional organisation whose membership consists of nurses and other health professionals working to support people with epilepsy in the fields of adults, learning disabilities and paediatrics. We work with our membership to raise the profile of epilepsy and to encourage a holistic and co-ordinated approach to care to enable our patients to reach the goal of self-management.
Please click the link to visit our new website at www.esna-online.org
The Association Aims to
- Promote an ‘Ordinary Life’ philosophy for people with epilepsy by campaigning for positive images, statutory and human rights.
- Improve quality of life for people with epilepsy through a commitment to promoting services relevant to their needs.
- Endeavour, through best nursing practice to provide support and advice to any health care professional caring for those with epilepsy.
- Promote nursing research and development in order to improve care for those with epilepsy.
- Enhance multi-disciplinary professionals development by the sharing of clinical knowledge, through developing a nationwide network of expertise available to the members.
- Act as a facilitator in the raising of the profile of the Epilepsy Nurse by promoting and supporting the need for such a nurse in epilepsy.
- Support and act as a resource to nurses working in the field of epilepsy.